Monday 12 September 2011

How much knitting how little time...

The blanket is finally all in one piece and there is only the edging to pick up.  I sewed it together with mattress stitch and am now picking up and knitting the border as instructed.  I am just not used to following someone else's instructions for doing stuff like this but have decided to do so because it is good practise.

I need to get it finished so that I can finish all the other unfinished projects in my stash, and so that I can knit all the yarn I have spun plus the yarn I have bought, and the yarn I have dyed; and spin all the fibre I have bought...
crocheted reverse treble motifs.  A summer top?
My knitting group are knitting things for the Christmas stall we are having.  I meanwhile have a summer top to finish after this blanket...and I really want to finish my shawl.  Am I really going to knit Chrismas presents AND do stuff for a fundraising stall???  Well I did do two squash flower book marks, only I can't find one of them. 

I spent half of the knitting group tonight eating crisps and cucumber as a kind of belated dinner and choosing library books - very handy this meeting in the library. I am so impressed with our young knitters - we have quite a few and tonight there were four in attendance, all knitting busily whilst I was eating, choosing books and definitely doing more nattering than knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment