Tuesday 6 September 2011

All in a day's work

I have started a new knitting blog, because my old one, on the website, will not link or do rss feeds to Facebook or Ravelry.  Oh dear!
However this one will work in conjunction with my simplicity blog, downshifterdiary where you can find out about our adventures in lifestyle and simple living.

Anyway, today I have been dyeing hanks of yarn for an order.  40 hanks of yarn, actually so I have been in yarn heaven all day. 20 hanks of laceweight and 20 hanks of sock yarn. Now I wish I could knit with all those lovely colours, but need to finish the shawl I am doing out of 7 small shawls to knit by Romi .  This is a fabulous booklet and the patterns have been thoroughly tested.  I have not found any errors in the one I am knitting. 
The laceweight and sock yarn are for sale on my website http://www.createwithfibre.co.uk

just while I remember, here are some photos from our class 'Improve Your Spinning' at the Association of Weavers Spinners & Dyers summer school in August 2011.

colour blending results

all lined up and ready to go...
hard at work
a bit knackered?
our display of work

No comments:

Post a Comment